Feedback as a communication, appreciation and motivation in everyday work.
Feedbacku tool of TeamToolbox is the most simple tool of all. However, if properly used, it can make a great impact on your employees and whole company. You just have to see the potential!
- stabilization by the clarification of expectations and goals that the employee faces,
- course correction – communicating the positive and negative aspects of collaboration is also intended to bring change and improve operations,
- motivation – feedback reinforced with appreciation carries a motivational value, more productive than a bonus.
- The assumption of superiority of the person giving feedback over the recipient – in practice, this usually means that feedback can only be given by the employer/team manager to the subordinate, which is usually associated with an unfriendly environment for the employee.
- Incidental use of feedback – out of context and in a global reference to the employee’s actions. This use of feedback is unlikely to improve the employee’s performance.
Allow team members (and not only!) to give each other feedback as well.
- exchange of observations and experiences within the team, which significantly affects the quality and effectiveness of cooperation,
- continuous employee development – feedback given right after task completion becomes the foundation for improving further actions,
- reflecting on and correcting current actions.
Instead of using 180/360 degree or periodic feedback, rely on continuous feedback!
- the ability to immediately react and model the team’s actions in response to situations that arise,
- an atmosphere that supports assertive communication,
- the ability to support and reinforce your employees’ sense of security, which has a positive impact on employee motivation and turnover.
Standardisation of feedback, as a natural form of ongoing communication, in everyday work, has a positive impact on the motivation and efficiency of employees and thus on the quality of the work performed.
The use of feedback, as a permanent communication tool, also has a psychological aspect. If, as a superior, you talk to youremployees frequently and openly, you will not only gain respect in their eyes, as an open and competent person, but you will create a friendly environment in which your employees feel safe and are more willing to inform you about difficulties and thus ask for your support.